Hope Network for Single Mothers
HOPE Network for Single Mothers is a volunteer-based grass roots support system. It provides emotional and material support to single mothers and their children in the greater Milwaukee area. Founded by Gail Grenier Sweet in 1982 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization, HOPE Network programs are designed to help mothers gain a sense of community, enhance their parenting skills, and develop self reliance.
The acronym HOPE stands for holistic-opportunities-parenting-education. Eventually, HOPE Network provided family social events as well as scholarships for the mothers, a free resource newspaper, and free portable cribs when available.
HOPE Network offers these services free to all single mothers (pregnant, unmarried, separated, or divorced) who have the need:
- Friendship and encouragement
- Help to find other community resources
- Quarterly newspaper filled with resources and community events of interest to single mother families
- Free Second Saturday gathering (meets Sept-May), sponsored by the Christ Child Society
- South Side Trading Post: clothing bank co-sponsored by Ascension Lutheran Church
- Northwest Trading Post: with clothing, toys, and baby equipment, sponsored by Holy Cross Lutheran Church
- Children always welcome
Call 1-262-251-7333 to be added to the mailing list for our newspaper or to request an information packet. Call during office hours (M-Thurs. 8:30am-12:30pm) or leave a message.
How you can get involved
Donate Items or Volunteer – Or donate funds on their website.