#LivePositiveChallenge – Inspire Gratefulness
Sometimes I fell there are struggles in my life keeping me from seeing the positive. It can be easy to sink into those instead of focusing on the good. Those struggles seem much larger and much easier to see than the beautiful things I tend to take for granted. It’s on those days I need to challenge myself to be grateful.
Here are today’s three exercises. Choose one or all three.
MINI CHALLENGE – Should only take a minute!
“What if you woke up today with only the things you were grateful for yesterday?”
Think about that one. Let that sink in. Exactly what would you have left?
INSPIRATIONAL CHALLENGE – Can take 5 minutes to a hour, depending on how creative you get.
Create a list of things you know you have taken for granted more than once.
- Dry, warm, cozy house
- Comfy bed with warm fluffy comforter and piles of pillows
- Clean clothes
- Shower: soap, shampoo, conditioner, LOTS of hot water, dry, fluffy towels, heated bathroom
- Coffee! Coffee! Flavored creamer
- Two children to wake up and get ready for school
- Schools for my children to go to
- Vehicle that runs to carry me to my job…..
This list signifies the first two hours of my day, and it doesn’t even cover half of it. If given the time to think throughout the day, I would be able to come up with a list more than a million lines long.
Do you have a list? – What are the things you sometimes take for granted, but would miss if they were gone?
POWER CHALLENGE – Keeps you focused on positive all day long.
Create a list of 100 things you are grateful for.
Carry the list with you and add to it as you find the items you are grateful for.
If finding 100 items is a struggle – here are some suggestions for things to be on the lookout for:
- People you love and appreciate
- Things that make your life more comfortable
- Amazing experiences that have helped you grow
- Beautiful qualities within yourself
- Anything that makes you laugh and love
- Natural beauty in the world around you